Easy Vegan Lentil Soup
An easy, everyday vegan lentil soup recipe made budget friendly ingredients. Naturally thick, low in calorie, rich in iron, satisfying, filling, nutritious ! Perfect with some fresh cilantro.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I think you’ll love this EASY VEGAN LENTIL SOUP.
How do you make our EASY VEGAN LENTIL SOUP?
4 simple steps:
- Cook the onions, garlic, carrots and celery in a bit of olive oil (or water) for about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except for the spinach and lemon juice.
- Simmer for about 30 minutes until the soup is thickened and the lentils tender.
- Stir in the spinach, lemon juice and season with salt to taste. That’s it!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 14- ounce can crushed or diced tomatoes
- 2 cups brown lentils
- 7 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- salt to taste
- 3 cups spinach, sliced
- 1 lemon, juiced (about 2 tablespoons)