Vegan Gluten Free Cauliflower Steaks with Avocado Chimichurri
An easy, fast and nutritious vegan, gluten free recipe made with ingredients that you probably already have in your fridge.
Cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable that is naturally high in fiber and B-vitamins. It provides antioxidants and phytonutrients that can protect against cancer. It also contains fiber to enhance weight loss and digestion, choline that is essential for learning and memory, and many other important nutrients.
How to make our
CAULIFLOWER STEAKS WITH AVOCADO CHIMICHURRI
- 1 head of Cauliflower
- 1.5 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tbsp agave
- red hot chili pepper (optional)
- 2 tbsp of extra virgin oil
- lemon juice
- red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
6 simple steps:
- Cut the garlic, shallot, parsley, cilantro and nuts.
- Cut part of the base of the cauliflower so it can stand. Cut thick steaks.
- Mix the garlic, walnuts, lemon juice, 1 tbsp coconut oil and 1/2 tbsp agave.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil. Cook steaks at medium temperature.
- Add mixture and salt on top of the steaks on each side.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes on each side until tender and charred.
- Cut the avocado in small pieces.
- Mix the 2 tbsp olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, cilantro, shallot, more walnuts, paprika and salt.
Serve with red hot chili peppers if you like it spicy.